Friday, June 17, 2016

Lazy Ceviche

I was looking for something super easy to throw together without turning on the oven or stove on a hot summer night. This is my lazy version of ceviche, using store bought pico de gallo. Sometimes I just like to let the HyVee chefs do the chopping for me! I know that ceviche technically cooks the shrimp without heat anyway, due to the acid of the citrus juice, but I already had frozen cooked shrimp in the freezer, so I just used that.

 
 
Lazy Ceviche
 
1 pound bag of small cooked shrimp, thawed
1 pint of store bought Pico de Gallo
1 cup of chopped cilantro
3 small diced avocados
1 cup of tomato juice
1 tsp of salt
1 Tblsp of hot sauce
2 Tblsp lime juice
2 tsp of minced garlic
 
Thaw frozen shrimp and drain well. Put them in a large mixing bowl, add pico, cilantro,  and avocados. In a cup, stir together the tomato juice, salt, hot sauce, lime juice and garlic. Pour this mixture over everything else and mix well . Serve with Beanito chips or homemade low carb tortilla chips.
 
 


2 comments:

We'd love to hear what you think! But no spamming, and be polite. Make your mama proud.